Monday, March 3, 2008

Geo's Post # 6

10 out of 12 hours of tech is always exhausting. I’m just thankful that I actually had tech stuff to do. I was a part of the process, it made me feel useful. All it took was for me to put some spike marks down and I felt like I was a part of the “real crew” team! No, really, I’m serious. This may sound lame, but not being able to help with tech worries me. This was the first show where I felt like I was in charge of where the set pieces need to be…so it was by duty and responsibility to get it done…..I was useful. Plus, I didn’t sit around on my butt doing nothing…that’s the worst part. I learned about the crap that crew members have to put up with from actors. Not only from the uber cast, but also from myself. There were some people, cast and crew alike, that drove me up the wall!! The things that people demand…and if you know me at all….that is not the way to approach me! I almost punched somebody…but I try to play nice. Then there was the subject of touching other’s props. Though, technically it wasn’t a prop, it was my CUE SHEET!!! Some idiot moved my cue sheet that had my flow chart on it. It took me almost half of the first act to find it. DON’T TOUCH OTHER’S STUFF!!!

No comments: